Friday, July 09, 2004

well, as usual, I'll be out this weekend, so no updates until Monday most likely. gee, I'll sure miss writing about this garbage.

in the meantime, greg hall has written a good article to get even more pissed by. I missed "off the couch" when the pitch stopped running it – I didn't know greg hall was still writing about local sports until yesterday. but it's a good read.

I already know I'll miss the game tonight. hopefully I'll catch some of the Saturday and Sunday games, so that I can continue on my path to completely hating major league baseball. to fully get into it would be one long, lengthy column (which I'll probably end up writing one of these days), but, for the most part, it's the fact that every team, no matter how completely ridiculously uneven the playing field is, is judged by the exact same standards. yes, the royals make many bad decisions, but to expect them to compete at all is nothing short of absurd. as much as I hate to say it, I'm really starting to hate major league baseball something fierce. I think it says a lot about just how stupid MLB is when they can't keep the fans that completely live and breathe baseball from hating it with a vengeance. I already do, for the most part. I don't want to, but I do. and as this season continues down the sewer pipes, it just makes me wonder why I even bother investing anything in this team. most of the time, it just seems like there's no point.

but anyway, have a nice weekend! back on Monday with the zero-run report.

No comments: