Thursday, April 21, 2005

between "vacation" (if that's what you call Detroit) and work, Royal Blues has suffered from lack of posts – just humor me here and at least pretend like you've been anxiously awaiting my return..

besides, I never promised quality *or* quantity.

in fact, because I'm behind once again in game-type recaps, we've secretly replaced your regular royals reading with new R.O.Y.A.L.S. acronyms – see if you can tell the difference!

Kansas City 6, Detroit 5
Royal Record: 4-6

interesting game, great ending with berroa's two-run blast being the difference..

in acronym form:

Rookie
Of
Year
Angel
Lifts
Spirits

see how easy that is! well, what are we waiting for? let's go!


Detroit 7, Kansas City 1
Royal Record: 4-7

who said the bullpen was a strength? I sure hope that doesn't appear in any of my posts (I'm pretty sure it doesn't..)

Relievers
Old
Yardbirds;
American
League
Snickers

Detroit 6, Kansas City 1
Royal Record: 4-8

you didn't think the royals would perform well against the same guy twice, now did you? maroth shuts the vaunted KC sluggers down..

Royals
Offense:
Yet
Another
Laughable
Score


Cleveland 5, Kansas City 1
Royal Record: 4-9

I attended this game in person, marking the first time I've actually seen these guys this year. it was sad. very sad. in fact, it had me longing for the days of 2003 – you know, that one year current royals fans tend to take solace in, considering it was the only winning season in a long, long time. and then you think about that, and realize that it's truly ridiculous that our success is measured by achieving four games over .500...once.

Really,
ONE
YEAR
Above
Loser
Status


Kansas City 6, Cleveland 5
Royal Record: 5-9

alberto castillo hits a walk-off homer to win a frustrating but exciting game.

Rockin!
Our
Young
Alberto
Launches
Slam

Minnesota 5, Kansas City 4
Royal Record: 5-10

a great moment – Sweeney crushing a 3-run home run off of johan santana to take the lead – eventually wiped out by the bullpen. really, does any other team manage to lose as many games via walk / wild pitch / error / double-play ball hit past a drawn-in infield type of stuff more than the royals? I guess it just goes to show that this year is already in the books..

Royals
O5:
Yet
Another
Losing
Season


S.I.N.C.E.R.E.L.Y.,
Joe Blow

No comments: