Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Royals 4, Orioles 3

and I didn't even miss any of the game due to near-lethal sickness. nope, I got a phone call in the seventh inning that for the most part made me miss the rest of the goddamn game. ah well, here's the statistics that count:

Mike Wood: 1 start, 1 win
john buck: at least 1 hit
shawn camp: 1 save

who knew it was that easy? throw strikes (70 of 108), no walks (don't get yourself into trouble), 3 strikeouts (uh -- good job pacing yourself), 3 runs (usually ok enough to win). hey, I'm not gonna argue with success. whoops, almost forgot, relaford got the game-winning RBI. um, keep up the good work desi. I'm sure you will.

brian Anderson goes tonight. I can't contain myself.

anyway, not much time today. I will say that, with the lineup he threw out there last night, pena finally got it right for the most part. Harvey ain't a #4 hitter. but, no matter where you stick him, this offense is still punchless as shit. are you sure playing by national league rules wouldn't help us out a little bit in the offense department?

and, oh yeah, apparently Jeffrey Flanagan, ever the optimist, has constructed a line-up for the 2006 royals using basically every early-round prospect we've drafted or traded for in the last couple of years. because those prospects will all totally work out. come on, Jeffrey, let's just keep it light and fluffy like usual. ok?

No comments: